[RFC] SI Units in KDE

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at t-online.de
Fri Oct 4 14:12:33 BST 2002

On Friday 20 September 2002 15:17, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> So what is an argument in FAVOUR of the old system? I see exactly none,
> unless you consider conservatively sticking to outdated traditions an
> 'in-favour' argument.

There are billions of them: All those existing computers running under
hundreds of different OSs/GUIs/shells that (at least almost) all use 1024 for
file sizes. KDE suddenly using 1000 would be like a keyboard manufacturer
suddenly building keyboards with an alphabetically ordered key layout, which
also might look more logical to someone who never used one.