noinst_HEADER kaccelaction.h

Ellis Whitehead ellis at kde.org
Thu Oct 3 08:17:41 BST 2002

On Thursday 03 October 2002 00:41, Tim Jansen wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 October 2002 21:17, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> > > Public APIs that return private classes are quite confusing.
> >
> > On the other hand, adding KAccelAction* to the public API would make it
> > more convoluted.  Programmers should just ignore the given methods as
> > @internal. ;)
>
> AFAICS the following methods use KAccelAction:
> - all KAccel::insert()
> - all KGlobalAccel::insert()
> - one of the KAccelShortcutList constructors
>
> The KAccelShortcutList is a easy, but should the ::insert() methods be
> internal as well??

Ahh... No.  The ::insert() methods need to be public.  I see how that can be
confusing to have them returning KAccelAction*.  I'll add remarks to the
documentation about the return value merely being for testing success.  The
plan is to deprecate the use of KAccel completely, btw -- KAction should be
used instead in almost all circumstances, and otherwise QAccel.

Cheers,
Ellis