KZip to support self-extracting EXE?

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Wed Oct 2 13:36:37 BST 2002

At this moment, KZip doesn't support self-extracting EXE file. I'm not
an EXE guru, but as far as I could guess, supporting that type of file
would reduce to offset the reading of the file to the correct location
of the zip archive in the EXE.
Computing the size of the EXE file seems quite easy for DOS, but a little
bit more complex for Windows. I'd appreciate if anybody could give me
a simple formula on how to compute that EXE size, and I'd volonteer
to extend KZip (mainly because I would need it to extend kdeprint
functionalitites, to extract PPD files contains in manufacturer
provided self-extracting archives, zip and cab).

Thanks.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM