userAgent string for Konqueror?

Karl-Heinz Zimmer khz at kde.org
Tue Oct 1 21:24:41 BST 2002

Hi David,

additionally to information on Konqueror your web team might find it
usefull to know that also the (text-based!) browser Lynx allows changing
the user agent string.
However there are good chances to detect it, please read this excerpt of
the Lynx help screens:

    >> The Options Menu issues a reminder whenever the header is changed
       to one which does not include "Lynx" or "L_y_n_x" <<

So you guys can just look for "Lynx" or "L_y_n_x" to be pretty sure to
detect most of the Lynx users and redirect them to the appropriate
text mode pages (that you surely have ;-))

Cheers
Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz at kde.org>