Evil bug in KDE's mimetype/applnk handling

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Sat Nov 30 16:47:23 GMT 2002

On Saturday 30 November 2002 14:23, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> applnk and services share the same namespace so creating a
> konqueror.desktop applnk if there is already a konqueror.desktop service is
> a bad idea. Either it should use another name for the applnk file, or it
> should modify the konqueror.desktop service instead of creating a new one
> under applnk.

So, what's the meaning of applnk anyway if it's not in a different sycoca
namespace? Historical I guess. The concept of adressing a service by the name
of its desktop file looks flawed to me.

regards,
	matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"