Use of automake 1.5 and KDE/KOffice

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sat Nov 30 13:25:43 GMT 2002

Hi,

Yesterday, support for automake 1.5 was removed from KDE's admin/
directory.

This is meant for 3.2, but since koffice uses the shared admin/ folder,
it is not currently possible to build any of KDE/KOffice HEAD on
FreeBSD. This is because we do not have an automake newer than 1.5 in
the ports tree :(

Now, as a developer, I can hack a 1.7 into my system with no major
problem, but it does leave me wondering if some special care is needed
in the cvs versions of KDE/Koffice because of the differing release
cycles.

Note, I'm not saying that the change is wrong, after all 1.5 is pretty
old now, and we really do need a newer automake in FreeBSD anyway.

Andy

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy at athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."