Patch: auto-open folder when dragging over it (KListView)

Klaas Freitag freitag at suse.de
Fri Nov 29 08:26:36 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, David Faure wrote:

> This patch from Pascal Létourneau <pletourn at globetrotter.net>
> makes KListView automatically open folders (items with children)
> when dragging something onto them (and keeping the mouse button down
> for QApplication::startDragTime()).
> I could have sworn that QListView or KListView already did that, but
> apparently not :)

Maybe you saw that in an app that uses KFileTreeView, since that
widget has that behaviour also implemented.

> (Ah, and the konq sidebar has its own timer, m_autoOpenTimer)
>
> Question: do we want this behaviour in KListView, i.e. applied to all tree
> views in KDE? I think so, but maybe I'm missing something.
Yes, than the implementation can be removed from KFileTreeView.

Klaas

--
 Was auch immer geschieht :                                Klaas Freitag
 Nie dürft ihr so tief sinken,                      mail freitag at suse.de