kdesu/DCOP problem?

Daniel Stone dstone at kde.org
Fri Nov 29 01:02:58 GMT 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 07:18:06PM -0500, George Staikos scrawled:
>    I have been investigating some strange behaviour with kdesu and I've
> discovered this.
>
> kdesu --nonewdcop konsole
>
> now try to access the new konsole session konsole-nnnnn via dcop.  It will
> fail:
>
> # dcop konsole-25411
> Application 'konsole-25411' not accessible
>
> Apps not started via dcop still work.
>
> Try to launch a new app inside the konsole:
>
> _IceTransOpen: Unable to Parse address none
> Session management error: Could not open network socket
>
> This is rather unfortunate.  Is this supposed to work?

Um, wouldn't it be that KDE apps started under kdesu do DCOP under root,
instead of under the user, which would be two completely different
things? I thought DCOP sessions were unique per machine-user-display.

There's a reason why Konsole has a special root console session type. :)

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel at raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone at kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org