XCursor patch

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sat Nov 23 02:20:56 GMT 2002

Hi guys,

this is a rather elementary hack for Qt to _not_ use its default cursors
but XCursor cursors. It touches on the configure script adding -xcursor
option to define QT_USE_APPROXIMATE_CURSORS in qconfig.h. XFree86 will
be in feature freeze for 4.3 starting next week therefore I figured
that more people will be trying it and the fact that Qt uses its
default cursors is a little pain and makes KDE look weird.
How to use it : If you use XFree86 CVS apply the patch to your qt-copy,
add -xcursor to the configure option, recompile. That's it. I'd also
recommend doing :
export XCURSOR_THEME="whiteglass"
export XCURSOR_SIZE=16
before starting X. Since the default theme is rather nasty and big.
Can I commit after the HEAD opens?

Zack

--
I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message.....