use of malloc.h in KDE

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 11:26:40 GMT 2002

On Friday 22 November 2002 13:17, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 22 November 2002 11:39, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > Would it make sense to do the replace now, and those
> > implementations that still need <malloc.h> could include it
> > conditionally?
> >
> > Does anyone see any danger in this?
>
> I found 50 occurences of <malloc.h> with a quick scan. (I think I
> miss a few modules though)
>
> A lot of those are in yacc generated files where they occur like:
>
> #if 0 /* No need for malloc.h, which pollutes the namespace;
>          instead, just don't use alloca.  */
> #include <malloc.h>
> #endif
>
> So those aren't to cause any problems. Do you happen to have a list
> of the ones that are actually giving problems?

Preparing one now.

I'll post it later, once I have the full build done, probably in a few
hours time, as it's just a single 1.4 Athlon doing it.

I'll cover all the release modules as part of my build, and additionally
koffice and the two kdextragears.

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy at athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."