Several 3.1.0 bugs and issues to note

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Nov 22 01:46:18 GMT 2002

Here are a few things I've come up with during testing:

1) When average KDE apps start up, they seem to do between 1000 and 1500
stat()s and access()s.  These are almost all for icons.  Is there any way to
reduce this?

2) Dragging a .desktop file of an app from konqueror to kicker (to create a
button) somehow causes the icon to be lost.  Is this incorrect usage?  Or is
it a bug?

3) Shift+Backspace in ksirc still erases two characters in the lineedit.  This
is really confusing and annoying.

4) There seems to be a LOT of debug info in KIO, in particular a lot in
KFileMetaInfo.  Can some of this be removed?  It makes things really slow in
cases where logging is going to the console

5) Has anyone tested 2.2.2 -> 3.1.0 upgrade?  I have tried 3.0.1->3.1.0 and it
worked very nicely, but it would be nice to know that 2.2.x upgrades work too
since we are still supporting 2.2.x releases.

--

George Staikos