Oh well...

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Wed Nov 20 10:07:49 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 3:19 am, Michael Brade wrote:
|  On Monday 18 November 2002 18:55, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > There is no problem with "multi-color" or "multi-object" icons.
|  > Problem is *how* colors used ;-)
|
|  Yep...
|
|  > From my understanding, many of Crystal icons use gradients for stroke
|  > (path surrounding internal part of object).
|  > This is 'no-no' for icon being rednered at 32x32 or 48x48 size.
|  > Such nifty effect can look well on 128x128 icon, but at smaller sizes:
|  > * edges are disappearing (that's my major concern over existing Crystal
|  > implementation)
|  > * due to resizing effect and gradients for strokes, colors are blurring
|  > into each other, so you get terrible mixture of unpleasant colors.
|
|  ...however, this is what I like about Crystal, the gradients. Makes it
| look not only 3D but gives the whole desktop a new character :) Actually, I
| don't have a problem with this, it's just that a few icons are kinda
| "wrong" per design... Just IMHO.

May I ask you what size for Toolbars and icons on Desktop do you have/like?

Also: Can  someone with karma give me a hint how to make Kicker using iocns
bigger than 48x48?
I did several apps icons at 64x64 and 96x96 sizes, but they do not appear as
an option for Kicker.
Is it known bug or ... ?

(Note: I don't speak about Crystal here, I am testing my icon set)

Kicker:
-------------
Tiny
Small
Normal
Large

(Large is 48x49 here, and selecting custom size for Kicker doesn't increase
icons)

Konqueror
Small (16x16)
Normal (22x22)
Large (32x32)
Large (48x48)

BTW:  does someone think that it makes sense to have toolbar with 64x64 icons?
How people with 1900x1400 displays feel about such icons?

--

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons