KDE malloc SIGSEGV with PerlQt bindings + KDE themes

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 20:09:24 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 11:39 am, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le Mardi 19 Novembre 2002 14:40, Karol Szwed a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 19 November 2002 13:27, Germain Garand wrote:
> Just to make it clear : I'm not talking about precompiled apps but about
> the PerlQt bindings, accessing Qt through the /kdebindings/smoke library
>
> I'm running Linux 2.4.18 (MDK-8.2) on an i586, gcc-2.96, KDE CVS and
> qt-copy. It has been known to happen also on a Suse-8.0, KDE-3.0.0,
> qt-3.0.3 on Athlon-XP 1800 and on i586/MDK 9.0
>
> I'll CC to Adam Treat - to know if he ever experienced similar problems
> with the Qt-C# bindings...

I had a look at Qt# and styles to see if I could reproduce any problems.  Now,
PerlQt and Qt# are quite different in that PerlQt uses the smoke binding
while Qt# currently depends upon QtC.  With this in mind I've noticed the
following problems WRT Qt# and the various styles:

When I choose the 'default' style from qtconfig (i have set the library path
to include kde3/plugins) I get this:

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found
where an object instance was required
in (unmanaged) 06 Qt.QMainWindow:qt_QMainWindow_show (intptr)
in <0x00004> 06 Qt.QMainWindow:qt_QMainWindow_show (intptr)
in <0x00059> 00 Qt.QMainWindow:Show ()
in <0x0007a> 00 Mono.Data.SqlSharp.Gui.QtSharp.SQLSharpQt:Main (string[])

Which indicates that there was a problem creating the QMainWindow from within
QtC.   I haven't debugged any further than this.  Another post mentioned a
problem creating the QMainWindow with certain styles ...

That's about all I know at this point.  One question if anyones listening:
How do I set the qtconfig to always use the current style specified with the
KDE control center?  Is this the 'default' style?

Cheers,

Adam