Oh well...

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Sun Nov 17 14:51:24 GMT 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 14:57, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Ok, typing this on ralf's notebook:
Hmm, also using Ralf's pgp key? Looks strange and fishy (where did you get the
passphrase from?)
SCNR :)

> the konsole icon: I don't plan any change here. The shell has been there
> for years now. It's what half of the people scream for once you remove it
> (because they are used to it) and it's the unique thing that makes it easy
> to describe (In many books and magazines the konsole is described as "the
> icon that depicts a shell" - in German "das Icon mit der Muschel drauf"). I
> plan to change the green openterminal to the konsole-icon.
Hmm, ok. I'd love a black icon but since it's keramik (mostly blue), that
should be fine.

> the kcontrol icon: my current best compromise between people who want to
> see something usable and something they are used to is an icon which shows
> the wrench in front of the pci card. I'm not completely satisfied with this
> solution either but it's the best I can currently think of at the current
> point of time. This way it shows something that looks greenish, unlike a
> monitor and it depicts the configure-wrench.
This sounds very good! One of the possibilities that will be easily
recognizable, thanks.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience