Oh well...

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sun Nov 17 13:26:39 GMT 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 11:00, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> BTW the shell is good for computer geeks - no (windows) user is familar
> with "shell" for konsole. And the symbol only works for english language.
> it does not make a good association in german (except a petrol company).

Yes, I thought the seashell in the konsole icon was a well known bug (it would
make a great example in a textbook on international icon design) and it
surprises me that it hasn't been taken care of in the new icons.

See also e.g.
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/ut1_report/exploring_desktop.html
for a discussion of the gnome-terminal icon.

Cheers,
Waldo