Release Criteria

CP Hennessy CP.Hennessy at iname.com
Thu Nov 14 22:56:38 GMT 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 19:56, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > - Konqueror works on various popular websites such as:
> >         - www.kde.org
> >         - webmail sites
> >         - search engines
> >         - news sites
>
> This is kind of cumbersome.  Not that I disagree with it, but its slow and
> annoying testing that needs to be done and done in the same method every
> time.
Would it make sence to use dcop to automate this also ?
Something like :

for site in www.kde.org yahoo.com google.com news.bbc.com $other_sites; do
  for release in kde2.2.2 kde3.0.4 kde3.1rc1; do
     cd $release/bin
     konqeuror $site&
     sleep 5
     dcop whatever # here we do a number of things including
                          #    printing as a postscript file : $release.ps
                          #    printing the DOM : $release.dom
                          #    printing the html : $release.html
  done
  diff kde2.2.2.ps kde3.0.4.ps
  diff kde3.0.4.ps kde3.1r1.ps
  #etc for the DOM and HTML
done

I've not written that much dcop but I hope that the above is possible
and maybe even useful.

CPH