Common icon themes

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez larrosa at kde.org
Thu Nov 14 11:53:09 GMT 2002

El Miércoles, 13 de Noviembre de 2002 13:05, Alexander Larsson escribió:
> Whats the current status of this? I guess we need to decide what to do
> before KDE 3.1 ships?

Sorry but I'm very busy with "real life", I'm having the opportunity of
getting a job and so I cannot work on the icon loader as much as I'd like.

About the proposals, I still think your proposal is not acceptable because
on one hand, it breaks the icon theme concept (already explained) and also
it puts double work on the artists and they (he) already told me they
don't want to mantain two icon themes.

Also, if you think it's not good to have kde/gnome desktop centry symlinks,
I can think on other solutions: 1) add also a roxdefault/other symlink or
2) make the icon loader force _all_ symlinks in the icon themes directory,
so you can have the following 4 symlinks : kdedefault -> crystalsvg,
gnomedefault -> gnome, roxdefault -> iKons, whatever -> someicontheme, and
then all those icon themes are added at the end of the inheritance list
(supposing they weren't already in the inheritance list).

I hope you can agree with 2).

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE core developer - larrosa at kde.org
http://devel-home.kde.org/~larrosa/
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding.