config-aware widgets (was: Re: Experiences with KDE-CVS at LinuxWorldExpo)

Tim Jansen tim at tjansen.de
Tue Nov 12 18:31:18 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 10:35, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I would rather put one process in charge of the config file and let
> the other processes communicate their changes to this process,

Yes, that's what a 'config lock kded module' could do.

> what kind of information is stored in the config files that all 3
> processes need to update it?

Mainly a list of desktop sharing invitations. With the kc module and the
invitation app people can view, create and delete invitations. The connection
process is started when somebody connects, and will then read the
configuration file and remove an invitation after is has been 'used'.
Additionally invitations can expire and must be removed at some point.

bye...