(no subject)

Richard Bos allabos at freeler.nl
Mon Nov 11 06:23:58 GMT 2002

Op maandag 11 november 2002 07:07, schreef Martin Konold:
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > There are several ways to do it that at least get the job done, all of
> > them somewhat inelegant perhaps until/unless we can push a config
> > system below the GTK/Qt level (which is quite possible eventually if
> > we can make the config system a standard platform component, at least
> > for GTK I would expect).
>
> I pretty much like this idea. imho a platform indepented way to handle
> config stuff nicely across GTK/Qt on any OS would be very useful.

Isn't this what you're looking for:
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gst/

GST uses backends that accepts and spits out xml streams.  It's all platform
in dependent.  At the moment most of the gui is done in gnome, but this can
be done in KDE as well.  At the moment the Debian people investigate if they
can use.

--
Richard