BIC?

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Nov 11 16:42:09 GMT 2002

On Monday 11 November 2002 17:20, Klas Kalass wrote:
> (repost from a mail to devel, but with additional information)
>
> Hi ,
>
> I tried to run kile, compiled for KDE 3 (I verified that it runs with KDE
> 3.0.5 / QT 3.0.5) under KDE 3.0.98 / Qt 3.1.0 (both CVS from 8.11 -
> compilation takes really long here).
>
> First it seems to load fine (splashscreen is shown), but then it aborts
> with a relocation error:
>
> kile: relocation error: /opt/kde_cvs/lib/libkonsolepart.so: undefined
> symbol:
> _ZN11QMetaObject14new_metaobjectEPKcPS_PK9QMetaDataiS5_iPK13QMetaPropertyiP
>K9 QMetaEnumiPFbP7QObjectiiP8QVariantEPK10QClassInfoi

 c++filt says this is :

QMetaObject::new_metaobject(char const*, QMetaObject*, QMetaData const*, int,
QMetaData const*, int, QMetaProperty const*, int, QMetaEnum const*, int, bool
(*)(QObject*, int, int, QVariant*), QClassInfo const*, int)

 And I can see this one in Qt sources (qmetaobject.cpp, around line 460). If
you do 'nm -D libqt-mt.so' and grep the output for that symbol (mangled),
will it list it?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer