Showstopper: Redrawing problems with list views in KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Nov 9 14:06:26 GMT 2002

On Friday 08 November 2002 20:52, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> as most KMail users who have an up-to-date qt-copy will have already
> noticed we currently have serious redrawing problems in KMail. Both
> list views (the folder pane and the header pane) are affected. As we
> didn't change anything in those two list views in the last 15 days
> I'm almost 100% certain that those problems are caused by a bug in
> QListView (or a parent class). This bug must have been introduced
> somewhen between Qt 3.1 beta2 and Qt 3.1 rc1 (IIRC). Sorry for not
> having more information. I will try to find the problem by testing
> some older qlistview.cpp versions from qt-copy.
>
> Here the problem occurs most of the time after moving some messages
> per drag&drop to another folder.

It seems the repainting problem after d'n'd'ing message to other folders
only occurs when one didn't disable the popup which is shown after
dragging a message to a folder.

I think I have found the change which causes this problem. Between RC1
and RC2 some code has been added to QEventLoop with the intention to
speed up the event loop (?). This doesn't seem to work correctly. The
attached patch reverts this change. At least here I couldn't reproduce
the repainting bug anymore after I reverted this change.

Please apply the patch to your up-to-date qt-copy and test whether it
also fixes the other listview related bugs.

Regards,
Ingo