Hicolor icons in kdebase

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez larrosa at kde.org
Tue Nov 5 20:22:56 GMT 2002

El Martes, 5 de Noviembre de 2002 14:23, Vadim Plessky escribió:
> Hello All,

Hi,

> 1) $ ls /opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions
> kde1.png  kde2.png  kde3.png  kde4.png  kde5.png  kde6.png
>
> What are these icons for?
> Can they be safely deleted (or do I need style them as well, as part of
> my icontheme)?

They're app specific icons, and so, they're not "stylable".
Btw, these shouldn't be in the hicolor directory, some days ago I moved
them so that they are installed to crystalsvg (but again, note that 3rd
party apps should install those kind of actions to their hicolor
directory)

> 2) Also: in folder /opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/about
> there are icons named:
> $ ls back.* view* window*
> back.png  view_left_right.png  viewmag.png  window_fullscreen.png
>
> Which are also present in kdelibs.
> Shouldn't those be deleted, too (and icons from kdelibs used)?

I just fixed that in cvs, thanks for reporting it.
The about pages now show the icons from the icon theme the user is using
and those icons you mention have been removed.

> 3) /opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/pics
> there are just a few icons here, which are rather basic.
> May be, all those icons (except thumbnailfont_7x4.png, which is *not
> icon*) should go into
> /opt/kde3/share/icons/XXXXX
> (where XXXXX is the name of default theme installed)

Those are app specific "pictures" (not even icons), and so, they shouldn't
be installed into any global icon theme. Also, note that that directory
doesn't contain any theme name, and those pictures are loaded "as is",
without applying any effect nor anything.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE core developer - larrosa at kde.org
http://devel-home.kde.org/~larrosa/
If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith. -- Albert Einstein