Showstopper: kmail icons

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Tue Nov 5 19:26:47 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 12:14 am, Michael Häckel wrote:
|  On Sunday 03 November 2002 22:53, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
|  > On Sunday 03 November 2002 22:25, Luis Pedro Coelho wrote:
|  > > Em Domingo, 3 de Novembro de 2002 22:16, Carsten Burghardt escreveu:
|  > > > Just out of curiosity (and because I read the thread about the
|  > > > LinuxWorld): Is anybody satisfied with the main-toolbar icons that
|  > > > are related to messages (check mail in, reply, reply all, forward)?
|  > > > I think they are nearly indistinguishable.
|  >
|  > I'm also not very happy with the icons (especially the check mail icon).
|  > The undo icon is also very confusing since it now points up.
|  >
|  > > BTW, only now did I notice that there is a different icon for the
|  > > trash folder from the normal folder icon. They looked the same to me,
|  > > especially considering how the other special folders stand out.
|  >
|  > If you are using the cvs version of KMail then the icons of the other
|  > special folders (mainly grey) look so much different because they
|  > haven't yet been replaced by Crystal icons.
|
|  This is also the problem with all other KMail specific icons. The 16x16
| icons are still the old ones. This means, the icons in the toolbar look
| _completely_ different to the icons for the same actions in the menu.

What about these variants for mail icons:

http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/160x160/mail_generic.png
http://freetype.newmail.ru/svg/160x160/mail_new.png

I will do Reply, Cjeck Mail, Reply All icons tomorrow.

Sources are in SVG (but I doubt current KSVG can handle it, unless someone
managed to fix during last 2 days)
You need recent Sodipodi (0.27) to export PNG from those SVGs.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)