kdenetwork/kit/icons

Daniel Stone dstone at kde.org
Fri Nov 1 14:09:39 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 05:56:32AM -0800, Neil Stevens scrawled:
> If you want to take personal responsibility for kit's icons, I'll assign
> maintenance to you, and you can make the decisions and be accountable.
>
> But before then, if nothing's broken, please don't get contrary and
> complain for no good.

If you don't like Kit being part of KDE, take it out of KDE. The fact of
that matter is, as David stated, you agreed to it being part of KDE,
which means that (*gasp!*) more than one person can work on it. I know
it's your personal pissing patch, but being part of KDE means complying
with what's decided. If this means moving hicolo(u)r icons to kdeartwork
because they're no longer default, so be it. If you don't like it,
there's always SourceForge.

You're not an island unto yourself, Neil, nor is Kit. You've challenged
and been shown to be incorrect by the people who maintain icons (Andreas
et al). Deal. If that's too big a bruise to your ego to deal with, then
please go and take this shit somewhere else.

Scant regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel at raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone at kde.org>