Clipboard for the dummies

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Nov 1 13:30:04 GMT 2002

On Friday 01 November 2002 14:11, Magnus von Koeller wrote:

> On Friday 01 November 2002 12:03, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > Ask if you don't understand something
>
> I'm a little confused. I still use KDE 3.0.4 and in my Klipper there
> is no option "Synchronize contents of the clipboard and the
> selection" although it _is_ mentioned in the documentation. So, which
> mode do I use? Knowing that would be kind of useful in order to
> understand all that stuff you are talking about...

 It's there in Klipper, but it was disabled by Waldo before KDE3.0.1.  So
there's no syncing of clipboard and selection at all in KDE_3_0_BRANCH now.

 This is however unrelated to my mail, this is not about whether to
synchronize them or not.  This is only about how the selection(+selected
text) should work, it's completely clipboard(==Ctrl+C/V) unrelated.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org