GNOME/KDE interoperability hothouse

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Fri May 31 17:15:30 BST 2002

MoiN!

On Friday 31 May 2002 16:36, Martin Konold wrote:
>I agree with Alan for very pratical reasons. Basically the meeting shall
> lead to some decisions. Going from Europe to the west coast takes at least
> 12-14 hours and the costs are doubled compared to meeting at the east
> coast. This will cause that a large number of potential european developers
> will not attend.
>
>In contrast to the media I do think that most free software is actually
>developed outside the US so making such a meeting in Europe seems reasonable
>anyway.

I want to make everyone aware of the fact the LinuxTag
(http://www.linuxtag.org) is approaching. A lot of KDE developers will be
there (see http://events.kde.org/info/linuxtag2002/people.html). KDE will
even have a hacker area or we could use free Workshop slots
for Interoperability discussions/hacking. From the list people coming, topics
like Multimedia, Styles, Office and PIM come to my mind.

The only problem with LinuxTag is that it already starts next Thursday, but I
know that also GNOME members (Michael Meeks, Christian Meyer, etc) will be
there, so if you can join, please drop me a PM, since I am responsible for
the hacker area on the booth.

Cheers,

</daniel>