GNOME/KDE interoperability hothouse

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Fri May 31 13:54:40 BST 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 02:31:42PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Most KDE people are from Europe, plus that I will not travel to the USE
> in the first place. There are probably others that feel likewise.

Actually, the current situation within the USA wrt technology related
law-making is all the more reason to go there. Americans need our help to
fight these kind of laws, not our ignorance.

> I hope some of this development can be moved out of the 'free world' so
> the open source software developers that care about Free are able to
> cooporate.

And how would removing Free Software development from the USA help us in
any way? Leaving the USA would basically be the same as admitting defeat and
granting proprietary companies to do as they please in the USA. How is Free
Software truly Free when it's availability is limited to geographical
regions?

I'm sick of all those "I won't visit the USA" cry-babies. You should come to
LWCE-SF with me this summer. I don't think there are any Free Dmitry parties
this year though. That reminds me, I should renew my
EFF membership when I get to SF. :)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much