GNOME/KDE interoperability hothouse

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri May 31 12:26:55 BST 2002

> We're trying to set up a GNOME/KDE interoperability hothouse at
> LinuxWorld in San Francisco in August.  There are various pieces to

Isn't a US show an inappropriate place to lure non US free software
developers 8)

California also seems an odd place to hold an event whose attendees
are spread across the USA, and Europe. Would the east coast and an east
coast show not be far more convenient ?

> make decisions about the relevant bits of code, matching the people
> with the tasks, balancing GNOME and KDE (and others like ROX as
> relevant), and more.  But I'm willing to start with: Who would find

Rox is mainly just used as a file manager, for the desktop as a whole you
probably also want to include the xfce folks too (www.xfce.org).

Alan