kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Thu May 30 14:58:58 BST 2002

Moin,
On Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2002 12:16, Fabian Wolf wrote:
> On Thursday 30 May 2002 11:58, Rainer Endres wrote:
> > On Thursday 30 May 2002 11:47, Fabian Wolf wrote:
> > > Personally I love the look of keramik - but there're still some
> > > problems remaining: A bar, one or two pixel wide, on top of the title
> > > bar isn't redrawn correctly, it should be transparent but somehow the
> > > window background is drawn and isn't updated. Maybe it's an XServer bug
> > > (using XFree CVS), anyone else noticed this?
> >
> > When you are using the new Keramik window decoration, try to deactivate
> > the "bigger title bubble for active windows" (can't remember the correct
> > name).
> >
> > The title bubble for active windows is slightly bigger than the window
> > frame, so the background "shines through" when you try to align the
> > windows.
>
> It still shines through at the upper left and right corner, they're rounded
> and the background isn't drawn correctly.

the keramic-deco uses the XShape-Extension and if configure did not find it or
something is wrong with that Extension on your system you will only get grey
pixels in that area.
Maybe either you compiled without XShape-support (I forgot to rerun configure
and ended up with these grey corners) or your X is broken.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn at gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein