kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Roberto H. Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Thu May 30 22:26:07 BST 2002

On Thu, May 30 2002 at 02:20:13pm -0700, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Thursday May 30, 2002 02:19, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > KDE should follow fashion for default and provide the classic look for
> > those used to it as an option. My two cents.
>
> Well-put.
>
> So now I ask this: Is fashion more important than consistency, usability,
> and efficiency?

a) Consistence doesn't exist in abstraction. Consistence with what exactly
   are you talking about?

b) Is current style more usable than Keramik? How? Why?

c) Is current style more efficient? How and why? Efficient for who? When
   he does what?

Now, after you know the answer to those questions, you see if they are
more important than fashion. Because a lot of fashion is more important
than a very very small bit of efficiency, yes.

If it wasn't, we would all wear wooly unisuits in winter, with one of
those funny buttoned openings in the rear.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
I would like to believe in God [..]. But I just believe in Billy Wilder.