kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Carsten Wolff AirWulf666 at gmx.net
Thu May 30 21:22:13 BST 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 20:35, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > > 8. Write yet another kpersonalizer setting, to get the old KDE
> > > defaults.
> >
> > No need for another one; just put Keramik somewhere on the high end of
> > the eye-candy-o-meter.
>
> Won't that be misleading?  Instead of the slider simply adding/removing
> addons, the slider will now have an abrupt change to an entirely
> different look?

hmmmm..... let's look at the filenames:
keyecandypage.cpp vs. kstylepage.cpp ... were do we put keramik ? were do
we put keramik ? I'm nut sure... ;-)

Serious: I'd suggest, we add keramik to kstylepage and leave highcolor
there too, and name it "good old kde2" or so.

> If the personalizer is to be a credible alternative to the
> KControl for giving users choice, then we should be able to add new
> themes to it.

kpersonalizer is not supposed to be an alternative to kcontrol.

Cheers, Carsten.

--
| THE K Desktop Environment: |  My very own little site:  |
|     http://www.kde.org     | http://www.wolffcarsten.de |