kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Raffaele Sandrini sandrini at kde.org
Thu May 30 18:42:23 BST 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 19:19, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Thursday May 30, 2002 10:07, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > On Thursday 30 May 2002 18:53, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > > If you think this meets the goals of KDE, do it.
> >
> > I can't follow your arguments. The Keramik style + the icons are no
> > external stuff we grab to replace "real kde-home-made" stuff. Both stuff
> > was done by kde developers (keramik style + kwin keramik deco) or
> > artists who like kde (everaldo has done crystal icons or ?).
>
> This isn't about who made them.  This is about replacing the known,
> familiar KDE look with something different for no reason other than to be
> different.
>
> This is about people coming out of the woodwork to bash the existing KDE
> look, calling it a copy, non-modern, and whatnot, when this existing
> default widget style has been default since KDE 2.0.
>
> > If we
> > decide to use these stuff for 3.1, that is no "Trash the existing icons,
> > trash the existing look", it is just a modernisation of the look'n'feel
>
> Modernization?  How is one more "modern" than another?  Can you define what
> looking "modern" means?  Are the old styles coal burning while keramik is
> electric?

Hey Neil!

What your are saying here are big "nothings". Thats no argumentetion. You're
just conservative - thats all. If you wan't to keep the "old" style the its
ok but _please_ do not turn other ideas down like that. Please stick to real
arguments.

I can't say wich style is better. Why not try a new thing... It worked too
from KDE1 to KDE2. Of course Keramik has to be "bug free" like the old
fashioned style but we've got some time till the 3.1 release...

cheers,
Raffaele

--
Raffaele Sandrini <sandrini at kde.org>