Thumbnails in tooltips

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Mon May 27 11:50:18 BST 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 10:57:18AM +0100, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> Nadeem:
> > Take a look at metainfo konq sidebar currently in kdenonbeta.
> >
> > http://www.zvw.de/homepages/ji5342rm/new_metainfo_menu.png
> > http://www.zvw.de/homepages/ji5342rm/snapshot2.png

iirc there was another screenshot i saw which had the action names
e.g burn to cd underlined. imo that was the cleanest one, but i'm
unable to find the url :(

> The problem with this (from my point of view, anyway) is that the user has
> to:
>
> * Explicitly install / enable this sidebar
> * Put up with it using screen space all the time
>
> I use Windows 2000 at work, which has a similar feature and the first thing
> I do is disable it because of the screen space issue.

someone talked about mozilla's solution (to add a small 'tab' to the
splitter resize bar which hides/shows it) to this a while back anyone
have any idea of the progress of that widget?, together with a nice
icon to describe the action of the 'tab' this would be a sweet solution
to the overall problem i see with the sidebar. (and mozilla doesn't
make it quite obvous enough, grips/arrows/icon are missing on the tab)

Alex

--
kelletta at eidetica.com           (lypanov)           http://lypanov.shacknet.nu