Broken xmlGUI ?

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Sun May 26 23:01:24 BST 2002

On Sunday 26 May 2002 18:49, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
> know that there allready was such a topic, but could any xmlGUI developer take
> a look at this problem with kate app and xmlGUI merging ? Kate worked some
> time ago just fine with xmlGUI + merging in the kate part gui, but since a
> week or so, the merging is totally broken (missing kate actions in the
> toolbar or disodered, misordered menus, ...).

Since a week? I have seen no commits in xmlgui a week ago, only
John's (I think small) ui_standards.rc changes, and the recent
'show toolbar' stuff, which is unrelated too since it's only from today or so.
Did you at least play with cvs upd -D... to find out which commit caused this?
This way the one who broke it could be blamed and fix it ;)

> Is that now a Kate app problem of wrong usage of xmlGUI ? If yes, how to fix
> it, if not, please fix xmlGUI, in the current state, Kate is just unusable
> for any real work if the toolbars/menus are such a mess.

PS: I'm not a real xmlgui developer (I'm afraid only Simon is), but...

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/