PATCH: KHTML TextAreaWidget

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun May 26 04:57:01 BST 2002

Hi,

I wonder if this is acceptable.  All the K* versions of the line edit widgets
we have, i.e. KLineEdit and KComboBox as well as their dervaties render a
read-only widget slightly differently than the corresponding Qt classes do.
This patch is intended to make this consistent by applying the same thing
to TextAreaWidget of KHTML.  FYI, the KDE version of read-only widget's
are drawn with the same background color as disabled widgets, except the
text color is NOT changed.  This is done to distinguish it from a read-write
edit widget.

Having stated that I am not sure if this is the proper place for the patch
since we probably want to this to be consistent through KDE.  Perhaps we
should have a KTextEdit ?  I really do not want to make a new class just to
override this one feature though, but if there is interest to make things
look consistent then I can do that.

Regards,
Dawit A.