Problem with kio_ldap

Tobias Koenig tokoe82 at yahoo.de
Sat May 25 05:28:48 BST 2002

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:44:16PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 24 May 2002 11:36 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > does anyone have the same problems with kio_ldap like me?
> > When typing 'ldap://localhost' into konqueror the following
> > error message appears:
> > --------------------------
> > An error occured while loading ldap://localhost
> >
> > Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
> > klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_ldap'.
> > --------------------------
>
> What does the following say?
>
> kioslave $KDEDIR/lib/kio_ldap.so ldap /tmp/foo /tmp/bar

kioslave $KDEDIR/lib/kde3/kio_ldap.so ldap /tmp/foo /tmp/bar

kio_ldap : Starting 481
kdecore (KSocket): Socket 3 did not connect:  Connection refused
kdecore (KSocket): Failed to connect
kio (kioslave): SlaveBase: failed to connect to /tmp/bar

Hmm, the kdemain function is called correctly it seems. So what
could be the problem?

Ciao,
Tobias
--