automake update coming soon (was Re: Question on autotools)

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Thu May 23 15:07:10 BST 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 03:28:12PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> The problem automake indicates here is only a problem when you compile with
> --enable-static, so we don't really care. But as it's a real problem, I will
> fix it and then I we should go with automake 1.6.1 as required version. As it
> has some major annoyances fixed (let's say AM_LDFLAGS) and we don't want
> several automake versions to support.

Could you also if possible collect together a src package of the automake
version you decide on if its not == gnu.org's version? automake-1.6.1 from
gnu.org fails currently for me as reported in an email to kde-core-devel
a few days back. (and suse currently provide no srpms for 8.0 on ftp so i
can't get the patches they use, in fact ftp.suse.com doesn't even exist atm...)

Or else just upload unsermake to gnu.org as automake-2.0 ;-)

thanks,
Alex

--
kelletta at eidetica.com           (lypanov)           http://lypanov.shacknet.nu