GCC 3.1 - even slower compilation and relocation

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu May 23 00:25:09 BST 2002

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 12:36 pm, Stephan Maciej wrote:
> so what would it take to create a new "binary format interpreter cut to
> suit the needs of KDE and a bunch of other modern apps"?

I suggest you read

http://www.suse.de/~bastian/Export/linking.txt
and
http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/cinci93/full_papers/nelson.txt

And then I hope you will agree with me that the addition of prelinking to the
gcc toolchain makes it a "binary format interpreter cut to suit the needs of
KDE and a bunch of other modern apps". No need to start from scratch.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com