Font Mime-Types

Gioele Barabucci ml at gioelebarabucci.com
Mon May 20 23:55:16 BST 2002

On Monday 20 May 2002 21:48, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > x-truetype-font -> for TrueType fonts
> > x-font          -> lists Type1, and *some* bitmap formats.
> Mime types are not an invention of KDE, you know. See www.iana.org for a
> list of registered mime types. I can find at least on app subtype
> registered there. For others, search with google.

x- are not registered mime types: they are for private use.
Maybe you are confusing them with vnd. (vendor) entry that defines media typed
by suggestion/request of their authors.

There is only one application/font* entry in iana listing, and that has
nothing to do with the kind of fonts Craig wants to play with...

--
Gioele Barabucci (Gb])
) mailto:dev at gioelebarabucci.com
) http://www.gioelebarabucci.com