Font Mime-Types

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 22 11:36:21 BST 2002

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 13:20, Craig Drummond wrote:
<snip>
> Is there anyone from GNOME in particular that I should get in contact
> with?

Dunno. You might want to look at the cvs log of their magic file for
persons that do the most work...

> > so that both use the same. Consider getting the Gnomes on board
> > to=20
> >

> > write an RFC registering the font/* top-level mime type.
>
> Hm... For such a simple initial request this is getting very
> complicated...

Well, part of the problem is that almost no Open Source project
considers registering mime types in the first place. The work that
needs to be done after initial (short sighted) deployment is
ever-growing, of course.

> > I found two interesting references:
> > 1. A (short) discussion on a gnome ml about removing their font/*
>
> mime=20
>
> > types
> > 2. A (short) discussion on a w3c mailing list about introducing a
> > new=
>
> 20
>
> > font top-level mime type.
>
> Can you send me a link to these? I couldn't find them...

Well "gg: font mime type" was probably what brought them up.

> > You might want to ask on ietf-types at iana.org for the sentiment
>
> towards a=20
>
> > font top-level mime type.

<snip>

Yes.

You seem to not use google very effectively. :-(
I can almost guarantee you that
gg:"ietf-types at iana.org"
will bring up all the information that you want.

Also reading rfc 2048 should clear things up a bit.

Marc

- --
Marc Mutz <mutz at kde.org>