Draft template for registration of KOffice mimetypes (last call)

Nicolas Goutte nicog at snafu.de
Mon May 20 20:14:54 BST 2002

(...)
>         KApp documents include document metadata such as the name of
>         the author, etc. However, none of this data is written
>         automatically. The KApp user has full control over what
>         metadata is to be included and must actively request the
>         inclusion. As such, the use of this mimetype does not lead to
>         hidden leaking of possibly sensitive data.

That seems wrong to me too! (At least for KWord.)

The document information *is* automatically written. And the default
information is not empty (for example author name and email address)

The "full control" is the dialog in which you can edit the document
information. However, you have to do it again for each file.

(...)

Have a nice day/evening/night!