Rob, KDE 3.0.1 update?

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon May 20 21:18:36 BST 2002

On Monday 20 May 2002 21:46, Patrick J. Volkerding wrote:
> Slackware is now very, very, very (Mark Twain would hate me ;-) close to a
> new release, and I've been delaying printing the CD shell inserts because
> I don't know if we'll be using KDE 3.0 or KDE 3.0.1.  Unfortunately, if I
> don't hear soon that there's a firm date for the 3.0.1 tarballs to be
> ready, I'll be forced to commit to using 3.0 (well, I'll be forced to
> print "KDE 3.0" on the shell anyway... I guess other options would remain
> open).  It's already later than I'd like to push this since I have plans
> for next month and must get the release out before then.
>
> Any news?  I know I pinged you about this just a few days ago, but now I'm
> starting to get antsy about it.  :-)

Dirk? Anyone?

@Pat: I don't think it is regular Slackware policy, but you could do a
CVS checkout of the KDE_3_0_1_RELEASE branch. That is basically what will be
(has been?) packaged for 3.0.1, so at least you'd get the important bugfixes.

@KDE: What I gathered on #kde, the tarballs should be ready. Can anyone who
has access to them make sure Patrick gets them so Slackware 8.1 can ship with
a real stable KDE? (should be good for both us and them, right?)

Thanks,

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much