ktoolbarbutton popup menu behaviour

Wilco Greven j.w.greven at student.utwente.nl
Mon May 20 09:48:24 BST 2002

On Saturday 18 May 2002 21:19, Daniel Naber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> about 7 weeks ago, there was this commit in ktoolbarbutton.cpp:
> >Show the popupmenu immediately when the user pressed the button and moved
> >the mouse over a small distance (> dndEventDelay).
>
> Am I the only one who doesn't like this behaviour? I trigger it
> accidentially too often...

It was added after someone came up with the idea on kde-usability. Everyone
who tried it liked the feature. Using dndEventDelay is the most obvious
choice for deciding when to popup the menu. That way triggering the popupmenu
by accident is as hard as triggering a drag when clicking a link or an icon.

Greetings,
Wilco