GCC 3.1 - even slower compilation and relocation

Piotr Szymanski djurban at linuxpl.org
Sun May 19 20:09:11 BST 2002

Hi,
Once on a beatiful day Sunday 19 May 2002 18:44, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> Better yet, use prelink, it's a much cleaner solution.
What is  prelink and how does it differ from objprelink?
> > exchange kdebase's startkde with startkde from:
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/files/1332-startup.tar.gz
> Don't. Read the script in there. It's broken, and actually decreases
> startup time by failing to initialize things (due to the missing kdeinit
> stuff, application startup will take much longer with that script).
It is broken, so do not use it, unless you want to test it, but that is not
supported, but it certainly does not make apps load slower, in fact it does
the opposite. My kde starts much faster when using this script, in fact the
script from KDE_3_0_1_RELEASE is very slow, it takes over one and a half
minute to load.I have been using this new script and it starts in 15 seconds
and konqueror starts like ie in windows (circa 4 sec.), but when using
kdebase's startkdei takes at least 45 sec. I have completely no idea why this
is, but it is that whay.

--
!: Piotr Szymanski | LinuxPL Dev. Team Member | KDE i18n-pl coordinator
@: djurban at linuxpl.org | The website is coming