kdesktop's new device links

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat May 11 13:41:57 BST 2002

On Saturday 11 May 2002 12:52, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Saturday 11 May 2002 11:11 am, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > advanced mode. Although Floppy A: is even too much windoizm for me.
>
> Agreed. While Windows does one or two things OK, drive letters are not one
> of those thigns. Please to not refer to devices like this.
Well, if a different user pattern is possible, why can't this be another user
pattern for the naming scheme, the default being another ? this is meant as a
Windows-User-Brain-Compat thingy which many people long for to beat the last
argument on the user level "but it doesn't have my C: drive!!" :))

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org