got it! (Re: Kicker memory leaks)

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri May 10 11:39:28 BST 2002

On Friday 10 May 2002 10:30, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> >  Stupid GUI is no excuse for adding stupid features. There are better and
> > faster ways of accessing the menu elements, like keyboard shortcuts,
> > toolbar/kicker buttons, etc. Hmm, why do I bother, anyway ... changing
> > here QPopupMenu::insertTearOffHandle() to no-op solves the problems.
>
> Sorry, I meant -- without tear-offs, the Gimp would be a real pain to use.
> Don't we even have a configuration in kcontrol to disable all the tearoffs
> in KDE?
Yes, I added that so you can choose "off" "on" "application specific". As they
were disabled everywhere a while back, the "on" option is currently not
available also. The "application specific" option refers to programs like
kicker, klipper and konsole who use them and where I fixed a lookup for the
value where it was missing.

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org