QT 3.0.4 needed for KOffice?

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu May 9 21:56:01 BST 2002

On Thursday 09 May 2002 01:12 pm, Werner Trobin wrote:
> On Thursday 09 May 2002 21:53, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > QT 3.0.4 is now needed for KOffice CVS HEAD.
> >
> > Personally, I do not find it good, as KDE 3.0.1 only needs QT 3.0.3. So
> > we will again lose testers (and programmers with slow hardware), because
> > KOffice cannot be compile over a normal KDE.
>
> The problem is that there is only one admin directory for all modules. CVS
> HEAD depends on 3.0.4 due to some bugs in earlier versions. KOffice now
> also depends on it, if you use the HEAD admin directory.

So far nobody has been able to explain to me _WHY_ HEAD depends on 3.0.4. The
only thing I have seen were two mails from Reggie who explained how Qt 3.0.4
broke QTextEdit and that he suspected that a bunch of PNGs are broken due to
Qt 3.0.4.

So I think skipping 3.0.4 altogether seems a better idea than requiring it.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com