kdirlister exclude special mimetypes

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Mon May 6 21:33:23 BST 2002

On Monday 06 May 2002 22:20, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 10:09:15PM +0000, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Attached is a small patch wich adds the possibility to display all
> > mimetypes except special listed types.  setMimeExcludeFilter
> > /doMimeExcludeFilter.
> >
> > Can I apply that one into CVS or could that cause troubles ? BIC, bugs,
>
> Adding a virtual method is binary compatible.

 No, it is not, as it increases the size of the vtable, and this can lead to
problems with e.g. inherited classes (which are likely to exist when there
are virtual methods to override).
 Unless you pretty sure it won't break anything, you can't do that, and some
other way has to be found ( maybe we can try the virtual_hook hack >;) ).

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak at suse.cz ; l.lunak at kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli