strange configure checks

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at t-online.de
Mon May 6 00:37:54 BST 2002

I tried to make a fresh kde build, and got problems with the arts configure
and the qt check. When I looked for the reason, I found some quite strange
things.

configure says:

checking if Qt compiles without flags... no

and then, 39 checks later, it does:

checking for Qt...

Shouldn't the flags check actually be after the other check? Now I looked into
the log. There I found this:

configure:17653: checking if Qt compiles without flags
configure:17744: rm -rf SunWS_cache; g++ -o conftest -Wnon-virtual-dtor
-Wno-long-long -Wbad-function-cast -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-Wcast-align -Wconversion -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -I   conftest.cc
-lXext -lX11  -lresolv 1>&5
conftest.cc:2: qglobal.h: No such file or directory
conftest.cc:3: qapplication.h: No such file or directory
conftest.cc:4: qcursor.h: No such file or directory
conftest.cc:5: qstylefactory.h: No such file or directory
conftest.cc:6: private/qucomextra_p.h: No such file or directory
conftest.cc:7: warning: `QT_VERSION' is not defined
conftest.cc:8: #error 1

I have to say that $QTDIR is set correctly and I added --with-qt-dir=$QTDIR to
the configure command line. There is only an empty -I and the test doesn't
even try to link to qt. I guess that's because the test is before the qt test
and even before the test for X.

Oh, maybe someone can help me with the actual problem. The configure test for
qt fails with:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined reference to `FT_Get_Next_Char'

Has anyone seen this or does anyone know what to do against it?