kdesktop - merging different locations - icon positions

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at bigfoot.com
Sun May 5 22:10:23 BST 2002

Hi

While investigating some things I saw that kdesktop can merge different
directories, but doesn't implement the storage of icon positions correclty to
support that feature.

For identifying icons only the filename of the file/directory is stored in the
.desktop file, which causes troubles if there are two files with the same
name in different locations.

Am I not seeing something, which is already there to solve those conflicts ?

Does something speak agains storing the whole url instead of only the
filename? If there is now problem with that change I could do that, but I'm
asking here before I do anything, because I don't know the sourcecode of that
important application that well yet.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger